Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Easy healthy home cook meal - for busy mum

As a Malaysian, I have to admit that although I own an oven, I could hardly use it for cooking meal. From my point of view, baking was still not a usual procedure for most Malaysian mum to prepare meal although some modern mum did bake every week. To prepare a healthy light meal, I normally will go for rice with steam fish and stir fry vegetables or stir fry noodles. One of my favourite easy healthy meal which I cook frequently is stir fry noodles with lots of vegetables and miso paste. If you use organic leafy vegetables, you don't even have to soak it, which save me some times. If not, make sure you soak them before cooking to get rid of the pesticides (which causes bitter taste).

The ingredients varied depending on what I have in my fridge but miso paste is the main character in the dish. You can either choose an organic miso paste from organic store or a much cheaper version from AEON. I love both of them. Just remember to add miso lastly just before you remove your noodles from the hot wok to avoid heating up and destroying the nutrients.

Buy yourself some dried noodles (any brand will do). They only contains wheat flour, salt and water (absolutely healthier than instant noodles) 

For miso, I have tried those from AEON (Top Value brand) and I personally think they taste as good as this organic miso paste (O'Forest brand). Organic version cost more than 2 x of the non-organic miso paste. I have also bought this miso paste from AEON with Bonito which I can't wait to try.
After cooking the dried noodles in boiling water until almost fully cooked (around 4 min), the noodles is ready to be stir-fried. Heat some oil in the hot wok, add in garlic, and stir-fry until fragrant. Add other ingredient following this sequence: prawns (seasoned with salt), fresh mushroom, tomato, bell pepper, leafy vegetables and noodles. Lastly add a teaspoon of miso paste and off the fire. Stir the miso paste until well mix.

If you prefer to add pinch of salt (in most cases you don't have to since the miso paste is already salty), you can consider Himalaya salt which is more nutritious (contains micronutrients) and unbleached. A bag of 500g will cost you around RM2.90 from the grocery store here. 

Viola, after a few minutes of stir frying, a healthy plate of noodles is ready for the whole family! My toddlers love them and I hope you like it too :). 

2 comments:

  1. You have explained the recipe in a simple way with day today ingredients.It's easy to follow.
    You are an expert in Duiran field!!!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAN5SnpxGVs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I wish you benefits from it. :)

    ReplyDelete