Sunday, April 2, 2017

Changing to another Kindergarten

Changing to another kindergarten 

I did not have time to continue blogging after I returned to work more than half a year ago. This year, I have changed my elder child to another kindergarten situated at the garden we stay. It has been one and a half year JY joined Tadika Kristal Cahaya and she had improved a lot academically. She can read many Chinese and English words with the implementation of reading program in her school. Despite this, I have decided to change her to this new kindergarten with Mandarin as main media in teaching (Tadika Kristal Cahaya was using English mainly) as I found her to be too quite in school. She did not communicate with others at all in school and that was worrying me.

Since my plan was to send JY to Chinese primary school later, I made a firm decision changing her to this new kindergarten hoping to see her becoming more outspoken in school. JY had joined her new school (Taska Prima Tropika) for 3 months now. She refused to go to school on and off for the first 2 weeks again but now she had got used to it. The good thing about this school is that the amount of students were very few. On top of this, the teacher was very stern on training the students (it is a must to greet people when they see them i.e. to greet the teacher good morning, to greet the parents good bye; to finish all the food served by themselves daily). The syllabus was simple, but JY begin to learn writing within the line or box (for English and Chinese) and spelling for 3 language was practiced every week (simple words but to train them to spell and write words on their own). It took a while for JY to follow writing on the lines as well as spellings as it was not a practices in her former kindergarten. But now she had got used to it and start enjoy going to school.

I like kindergarten with outdoor playground for children to run and play each day before school starts.
JY enjoyed the new school very much. The teacher has arranged for a water play session during school holiday for the day care children


While I don't think it was possible to look for a perfect school nearby but I was satisfied with this new choice of kindergarten. The number of students is not too many and teachers here are very dedicated and loving. I enjoyed now and then listening to the teachers in school telling stories about my kids when they were there each day.

Reading program however was not practiced in this new school. Hence, I have bought books to teach JY myself at night to continue her reading program practiced in former school.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Voon, I was the mum who emailed you on the Tadika Kristal earlier last year. Havent had the chance to say hi to you and JY has moved to another kindy. Wishing you both all the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for dropping by. Ya we haven't have the chance to meet yet right? I wish you and your boys all the best too ;)

      Delete