Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Teaching your pre-school (2-6) to read English and Chinese at home

I found these books (first 100 words, 8 books per set) to be very useful for pre-school children to learn their first 100 Chinese words. Each book only cost you around RM5.50. You can even buy from Popular Bookstore Malaysia.

Picture adapted from: https://www.popularonline.com.my/cnsimplified/9789670370095.html

For English reading scheme, I prefer "Key Words with Peter and Jane". Each book cost around RM9.90 in Popular Book Store and you can also buy them in a set online. I have only started to buy the first 6 books at the moment (1a, 1b, 1c, 2a, 2b, 2c). Series with "a" are for reading while series with "b" and "c" are for further reading practice and writing respectively.


Ladybird - Keywords with Peter and Jane (Full Set of 36 books)
Picture adapted from: http://www.lelong.com.my/ladybird-keywords-peter-jane-full-set-36-books-kiddyzone-165268251-2018-07-Sale-P.htm

I have actually bought "Key Words with Robin" too but  found my child could not catch up with the progress from book to book.

I do not know how many key words should a child recognize in preschool but I am satisfied if my child can at least read 100-200 words in preschool. Any other good books that you have come across and wish to share with me for a pre-school kid? I would love to know more from you out there :).

No comments:

Post a Comment